Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Parnell to undergo surgery, officially out for season

The Mets have announced that Bobby Parnell will undergo surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck, and he will officially miss the remainder of the season. Parnell has been on the disabled list since August 6, and Terry Collins said that he would make a decision on surgery sometime in September. 

"If I do have surgery, they said I'll be ready for spring training next year." Parnell said last month. 

Overall, the 29 year old hurler posted a 2.16 ERA with 22 saves for the Mets this year. As his first season as a closer, most people would call it a success.

I really liked what I saw from Parnell this season. Unlike previous years, he would come in to games and have a certain poise that showed you that he meant business. That along with his strong fastball and nasty knuckle-curve made him an intimidating player in the back-end of the bullpen.

I'm sure he'll still have the closer's job next season, and I look forward
to seeing how he continue to improve his game.

No comments:

Post a Comment